Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The New Job

Well, I've been at Fresh & Easy for a month now and I absolutely love it! The people I work with are all really nice and funny. We are laughing about something almost all the time. The work is kinda boring but at least I'm working. I go into the kitchen and write down how much of each product they make and then go into the computer and post each product as complete and take all the ingredients out of inventory. One day a week I have to go in at 4am and do pretty much the same thing except it's final products I'm completing (e.g. regular days I complete batches for pasta, meat, sauces, soups, dressings, dips and 4 am days I complete finished products like mac & cheese, spaghetti and meatballs, bottled dressing, salads, sandwiches and all the packing materials/containers). It still sucks working on the weekends because I don't get a full day to spend with John but the days go by so quickly that I hardly notice my work week is almost over by the time Monday rolls around.

The day I started I found out that they had actually hired another girl along with me and it's kinda funny cause her name is Brandi. We are so completely different from one another but, because we are both new, we have somewhat bonded and become friends. We go to lunch together most days and the other night we went out drinking together. She's a tattooed and pierced punk rocker and I'm a kinda shy non-punk rocker (I couldn't figure out what the opposite would be) so it's kinda odd to see the two of us together and getting closer but we'll see what happens.

That's really about it for now. I will try to update this a bit more often since I'm off on Mondays and Tuesdays and there's not much else to do on those days than waste my time online and keep you posted about my life.

No comments: