Wednesday, October 22, 2008

4 1/2 Months Worth of Posts

I don't even know where to start. I think the last I posted I had just gotten my wisdom teeth out and welcomed a new member of our family. Let's see if I can tell you about what all has happened since without this turning into a novel.

My uncle graduated from LVN school in July so I went out to see the graduation. While there, his girlfriend offered me a job as her Administrative Assistant. After not much thought (it was a really good offer, or so I thought), I accepted the job and left Harlow's after almost 5 1/2 years of working for them. It turned out to be the job from hell. She was one of the worst people to work for and she made my life miserable. I could never please her and she was always putting me down. I would work 10 or 11 hours almost every day and it felt like I never got to see John. I was always in a bad mood after work and I was just exhausted whenever I would have any free time. At the end of September, she called me on a Sunday and told me she didn't want me to work there anymore. She gave me some stupid excuse about not wanting to tear the family apart and me needing hospital experience and continued to put me down and then she asked me to pretty much beg for my job back. I pretty much told her that I didn't want to beg for my job and I was done.

At the end of August, John and I went to Cancun. His mom and step-dad went as well as his aunt. It was so absolutely beautiful there! The water was the most beautiful blue it just went on forever. We went snorkeling, took a tour of Tulum, painted ceramics and visited happy hour often. I had a great time. Especially the day I had a few too many "Vacation Size" Margaritas. Other than the travel nightmares (I don't even want to go into those) it was a greally great time.

A few weeks ago, John and I went to Knott's Scary Farm which was somewhat fun. You can read all about that in his blog.

Last week, our kitten got spayed. She has to have a cone over her head so she doesn't lick her stitches and it's kinda funny and sad. She walks funny and runs into walls and it's difficult for her to eat but at least her stitches will be ok in the end. Two days ago we had to take her in cause her incision site didn't look right and it was all swollen but the doctor said it was because of the internal stitches irritating her and that it's nothing major. She definitely is a trooper for going through all this.

Last but not least, today I went to my first interview since losing my job and they offered me a position. It's with the grocery store Fresh & Easy. I will be working at the corporate office in Moreno Valley. I will pretty much be doing inventory control and helping them get a new system in place. It seems like a really great opportunity and I hope it works out well. The only sucky thing is that I'll be working weekends but hopefully at some point that will no longer be the case.

I think that pretty much sums up these last few months. If I've left anything out, I'll hopefully update this more regularly and fill it in. Till next time...

No comments: