Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year, New Resolutions

The new year has come and it's time for that all important task of making up resolutions that we all know aren't gonna keep and we're just gonna feel bad about in 6 months. For example, most every woman you talk to says she's gonna lose weight and exercise and end up only sticking to it for a few weeks and then cry over a container of ice cream in 6 months when she's actually gained weight instead of lost it.

So why do I even bother doing this? Well, if you have read my myspace blog you would know why. Two years ago I made 2 simple resolutions. I said I was going to stick to going to the gym and I was going to go on one good date. The gym didn't work out for me as we all know but I did have a good date and it was actually so good that I am still with him. So, long story short, I keep trying in case I do stick to something because good things come of it.

As for my resolutions, they are:
1.) Actually complete a project I start
2.) Find a new hobby
3.) Learn to line dance
4.) Visit my best friend and her family more often
5.) Lose weight (only because it wouldn't be a proper resolution list without it)

That's my list. Let's see how many I can actually follow through with. Anyone want to start a pool on how long each one lasts? Hehehe :)

1 comment:

John said...

I love it when you update your blog; it's like a special surprise that makes my day just that much better.

I have a different set of resolutions; but I haven't posted them yet.

I think you'll get all of your resolutions kept! Really! I can help!