Sunday, June 8, 2008

The pain sucks but the free time is nice

I have been sitting here for about 48 hours in and out of pain and sleep and in a wierd way it's actually kinda nice. I've gotten to play some Okami which I've been meaning to do for a few months now, I've read some OOTS and I've spent some quality time with Jadin, John and the newest addition to our family, Roxie. She adopted us last weekend (yes, she adopted us) and it's been an interesting week since. I've been working my butt off so I've only been able to spend a few minutes in the mornings and about a half hour in the evenings with her so I feel like I'm not establishing a good bond with her. On the other hand, John has been there for her so much. She was a little ill when we got her so he's been giving her medicine and checking on her regularly and just being a wonderful "dad". Another issue is Jadin. She can be so jealous at times so I need to focus a lot of attention on her so she doesn't think she's being replaced by the kitten. Being home has made it easier to spend time with both and I like it. Another nice thing is being here when we let Roxie out of her little room so she can play and get used to the place and Jadin. It's so much fun to watch them play. They will chase eachother around and when Jadin gets tired, Roxie will run by and smack her tail to try and get her to play more. It's just absolutely adorable! I guess I'll stop gushing about the cats now and take my pain meds and go back to sleep. I'll write again soon!

No comments: