Saturday, June 7, 2008

I might as well post again...

Since someone decided to point me out in their blog saying I've been on them to update I guess I should myself. Plus, I just got my wisdom teeth out yesterday so I have nothing but time on my hands right now.

First off, I'd like to tell all of you who've had their wisdom teeth pulled and been fine the next day that I envy you! I've had nothing but complications. My veins were too small so it took them 5 minutes to even get the iv in me so they could put me to sleep. Next, my mouth was too small so they stretched it out and I have 2 cracks on each side of my mouth (1 above and 1 below the corner of my mouth) and they hurt pretty bad. Then we find out that the dentist diagnosed it wrong. She said my wisdom teeth were only impacted with soft tissue (pretty much just my gums) which was not the case. They were all impacted by bone. The roots of the bottom ones were touching the nerve that controls feeling to my lips and tongue so for most of the day my tongue and bottom lip were numb because of them bothering that nerve. Here's the best part. My top 2 were growing at about a 45 degree angle but back towards my jaw and the root was too close to my back molars to be able to remove them from there so they had to stretch my mouth even farther open to remove them from the backside. After they let me go and give me an off work notice for a week we headed to the pharmacy. They tell me that they are a few days behind in filling prescriptions so it'll take quite a while and I started crying which I guess made them feel bad cause they started filling them right then. Once I got home I kept hurting myself when I'd try and put new gauze in or when I'd try and drink anything. Today I'm doing a little better but I'm still in a ton of pain cause I tried to talk too much yesterday so now I'm stuck sitting here with a ton on my mind and not able to tell anyone. Oh well I guess it's for the best. I'm gonna go now and try and get some sleep but you should expect some more posts from me over the next few days.

1 comment:

John said...

Yay for posting!